China Garden Buffet in Chillicothe destroyed by fire

0

A Chillicothe business was destroyed by fire on Tuesday.

Firefighters responded to the China Garden Buffet Restaurant at 1023 South Washington. Flames were visible inside the business when firefighters arrived. Along the way, the Chillicothe dispatcher advised that everyone inside the restaurant had been evacuated.

Around 4:40 p.m. Tuesday, firefighters found heavy smoke and flames coming from the main entrance. Staff began using multiple hand lines to enter the building in an attempt to extinguish the flames. Connections were made to a fire hydrant to supply all lines in service. CMU and Liberty have been advised to disconnect utilities.

An initial report by Captain Tracy Bradley said the soffit had been removed from the ends of the building due to a fire located between the ceiling and the attic. When firefighters couldn’t reach it, they used the Ladder bucket truck to reach the roof and began drilling holes to ventilate and evacuate heat. A fan was placed on the north side of the building to begin ventilation.

Captain Bradley also reported that the State Fire Marshall’s office had been contacted to investigate the fire. The Chillicothe Fire Department used approximately 16,000 gallons of water to fight the blaze at the China Garden restaurant in the southern part of Chillicothe.

They remained at the scene for about three hours late Tuesday afternoon and evening.

The Mutual Aid Trenton Fire Department responded to be on standby at the Chillicothe Fire Station if needed.



Post views:
293

Share.

Comments are closed.